With more variants of coronavirus looming on the horizon, companies across the globe are struggling to adapt to rapidly changing conditions. In the midst of this pandemic, Agile is regarded as one of the most potent tools in the software development space.
Today, many software companies adopt the agile methodology for software development. In fact, agile-based development has become a must-have for clients in far-flung corners of the globe. They want to combine the benefits of outsourcing (cost savings, easier access to a larger talent pool, etc.) with the flexibility of agile methodology.In today’s world of software development, Agile and outsourcing collaboration is extremely popular. Though Agile works best with face-to-face communication, it can also work well in a remote setting. IT outsourcing firms have years of experience adapting Agile to the remote environment, as well as developing processes and tools to run effective distributed Agile teams. Why choose Agile software development outsourcing over in-house development? Agile methodology is hailed as one of the best software development methodologies, particularly in times of uncertainty when you need to adapt and respond to changes quickly.
Here are a few benefits of Agile software development outsourcing
1. Faster product deliveryAn agile development team can be spread across several business locations. This mode of operation is commonly known as distributed agile development. This approach allows the software to be built around the clock, resulting in faster product delivery.
2. Improved qualityOne of the biggest advantages of Agile software development is that it allows breaking the project down into smaller, manageable units, which allows for testing and reviews at each iteration. As a result, it is much easier to detect and fix flaws at an early stage of the development process.
3. Reduced costThe cost of bug fixing can quickly add up during the development process. However, due to the constant quality monitoring at each sprint of the Agile software development process, the number of bugs in the software reduces. As a result, the project cost can go down significantly.
4. Cost predictabilityBefore each sprint, an Agile development team can estimate how long it will take to develop a specific feature. It is easier to predict the cost of the features because of the fixed number of working hours in each sprint.
5. FlexibilityOne of the crucial benefits of Agile software development outsourcing is the ability to adapt and introduce changes when required. Changes and new features can be introduced in a few weeks using the Agile software development model.
Challenges of outsourcing agile development!The remote setting may create challenges for Agile software development teams as the agile methodology requires a higher level of collaboration. When companies decide to outsource their Agile software development, they must consider two factors:
- Establishing the technical practices required for the development of the software itself. These will be followed by everyone in the company.
- Establishing clear, effective lines of communication across all teams. This enables productive collaboration regardless of location.